The Coalition of Oregon Land Trusts (or COLT) is the central voice of the Oregon land trust community. In serving the 20 members of our coalition, COLT focuses on improving and advancing land conservation in the state through increased land trust capacity and coverage, engagement of stakeholders, defending and developing new and larger sources of funding, and supportive policies.
OUR VALUES AND SERVICES:
The preservation of open spaces, scenic vistas, working landscapes and natural areas are valued by the people and communities of Oregon, and are vital to the long-term health and well-being of our native plants and animals. The unique approach of private, voluntary conservation is central in the collaborative, long-term effort to achieve community-centric livability in Oregon.
Some of COLT’s core values and services include:
- Cooperative partnerships with private landowners, public agencies and community leaders to achieve land trust goals.
- A land trust community that reflects the diversity of Oregon.
- Access to high-quality reliable land trust services by every community in Oregon.
- Transparency, integrity and accountability in land trust operations.
- The provision of high-quality services to its member organizations.
- Strengthening the land trust community in Oregon through capacity-building, policy, and active development and communication of the land trust story.